American High School Academy
We take pride in helping young men and women to develop their athletic or artistic talents without compromising their education. We provide the opportunity for the student/parent to develop an educational curriculum which will fit into the student’s lifestyle. This academy provides a high school curriculum of 24 credits, which includes post-secondary educational requirements such as:
- 4 Language Arts
- 4 Mathematics
- 3 Sciences Virtual
- 3 Social Studies
- World Languages
- General Electives, which include Physical Education (credit earned through varsity sport participation)
- Participation in Honors Academy
- NO State Assessment Requirement
In partnership with Florida Virtual School, students will receive ongoing support from highly qualified state-certified teachers, and in-house Educational Specialist who will oversee student progress and provide additional support as needed.
The American High School Academy Preparatory Academy runs as a bricks-and-mortar educational program adhering to the attendance standards set by the Florida State Board of Education.
Additionally, our school calendar runs from August to June in accordance with with the Miami-Dade County Public School calendar.
All students must complete the minimum compulsory attendance requirement of 180 school days and meet the minimum of 900 net instructional hours per school year.
Preparatory Academy Schedule
- Regular Term Schedule: Classes run Monday to Friday from 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Summer Attendance: Fees and Schedule
Summer Attendance: Students who did not complete the required course within the regular 10-month school period or would like to attend an enrichment course for additional credit.
- Summer Schedule: Runs June through July, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Summer Fees: $395 Enrollment Fee (Non-Refundable) + 95.00 / week (first week's tuition due with enrollment fee).
- Activities/Field Trips will have an additional cost.
Tuition & Fees
Preparatory Academy Tuition & Additional Fees
1. Registration Fee
- $ 570.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
- The non-refundable registration fee includes:
- financial aid/scholarship application assistance,
- academic assessment and placement, and
- one AHSA school shirt
2. Student Tuition (Secondary) Fees
- Full Tuition: *$ 10,250.00 (10-month program)
- Educational Materials: *$ 570.00
* Financing available based on Scholarship Award from the State.
3. Additional Fees:
- NCAA Student-Athletes: $ 1500.00 per year***
- Graduation Coach: $ 1500.00 per year***
- Additional School Shirt: $ 20.00 each
- Activities/Field Trips/Graduation will have additional, individual costs
***Extra Fee, Provides One-to-One Academic Planning/Pre-Collegiate Advisement
Your Tuition SolutionSM
Tuition financing made easy!
Convenient payment plans offered through Your Tuition SolutionSM can help make tuition more affordable.
- See all your payment options with no credit impact until you select a plan and move forward
- A quick and simple online application that leads to an instant decision
- No upfront payment or application fees
Get on a path to success with the help of Your Tuition Solution.
Complete your financing application online today!
"LendingClub" is a trademark of LendingClub Bank, N.A., Member FDIC ("LendingClub Bank"), a wholly-owned subsidiary of LendingClub Corporation, NMLS ID 167439. © 2022 LendingClub Bank. All rights reserved.
AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMY
ACCREDITED & STATE REGISTERED
All American High School Association (AAHSA)
Florida Department of Education School Number, 13-4283
U.S. Department of Education, NCES Number, A0509036
CEEB School Code,
Admissions or Program Questions?
We're Here to Help!
Most students are referred to American High School Academy by their home school district. However, students and family members can contact us directly to learn more or to enroll in our programs.