American High School Academy
Enrollment Policies, Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Enrollment at AHSA
- Tuition includes online texts, study guides, grading and recording services.
- Students pay postage on materials sent to the school. The school pays postage on materials sent to students.
- Materials are sent within 10 days of receipt of enrollment agreement, tuition payment, and required paperwork.
- In accordance with the Family Rights Act of 1975, American High School Academy will not release information concerning a student's records, grades, or status over the telephone.
- Students should retain a photocopy of all lessons in case of loss during shipment or technology outage.
- Only grades, not submitted lessons, are returned to students unless the lessons need to be reworked.
- The student is responsible for fees incurred for requesting transcripts from prior schools.
- Courses are provided in sequence as designated by American High School Academy.
- A diploma is awarded after all courses are completed and payment obligations are met.
- American High School Academy does not guarantee or infer employment, makes no representations that its credits or diploma earned will be honored by employers in your State, or that all credits earned will be admitted by resident secondary or post-secondary schools. Therefore any information concerning transfer credits, acceptance, or student placement should be directed only to the receiving school's admissions office, well prior to expected involvement.
- American High School Academy Inc. is a private school registered with the Florida Department of Education. In accordance with Title IV, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Education Amendments of 1972, American High School Academy Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age marital status, or disability in recruitment, selection, treatment, or termination of students.
- You will receive a copy of this enrollment upon acceptance in American High School Academy.
- If a student is under compulsory attendance age in his/her state, please attach a letter stating the reason for enrollment in American High School Academy.
- Diplomas are issued four times per year, every quarter, within 10 business days after graduation for adults programs.
- Transcripts are prepared at the end of every month.
- Verification of enrollment or graduation is provided upon request. The first unofficial transcript provided at no charge to the student. Subsequent unofficial transcripts are assessed a $5.00 processing fee, sealed official transcript are assessed at a $20.00 processing fee.
- All courses expire 10 months from issue date. A reinstatement fee of the full tuition balance will apply to all expired programs.
- Balance is due for inactive periods and all materials must be returned in good condition.
- If enrollment cancellation is requested in writing within three business (03) days from midnight on which the enrollment agreement is signed, a refund of all payments minus a $200.00 processing fee will be issued.
- If enrollment cancellation is requested in writing after (03) days from midnight of the day on which the enrollment agreement is signed, the student is responsible for all remaining monthly payments and no refunds will be issued.
- No credits or transcripts are issued for students who withdraw prior to enrollment agreement expiration date or have an unpaid balance.
- If you are unable to complete your coursework in the allotted time, additional time to complete the course may be arranged if requested before enrollment expiry at additional cost, charged at the normal monthly tuition payment.
UNLIMITED PERSONAL RELEASE
- For consideration which I acknowledge, I irrevocably grant American High School Academy Inc. and Company's assigns, licensees, and successors the right to use my image and name in all forms and media including composite or modified representations for all purposes, including advertising, trade, or any commercial purpose throughout the world and in perpetuity.
- I waive the right to inspect or approve versions of my image used for publication or the written copy that may be used in connection with the images.
- I release American High School Academy and Company's assigns, licensees, and successors from any claims that may arise regarding the use of my image, including any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, or infringement of moral rights, rights of publicity, or copyright.
- The Company is permitted, although not obligated, to include my name as a credit in connection with the image.
To earn a standard high school diploma from American High School Academy, students must attain a minimum of 24 credits and a 2.0 GPA. Students seeking scholarships or University admissions may need to meet additional requirements.
- 4 English credits
- 4 Math credits
- 4 Science credits
- 4 Required Social Studies courses
- 8 Elective credits
STUDENT IDENTITY VERIFICATION
- All new students are provided with a unique student number. This student number should not be shared with anyone else.
- In order to gain entry into the online learning management system and access to study materials, students need to enter their student number and a unique password that restricts anyone else from accessing their student record.
- Sharing student numbers or passwords with any other individual is in violation of the honor code and can lead to disciplinary action.
STANDARDS OF PROGRESS
- If a student needs assistance for any reason, they should contact the school for assistance. The phone number is (305) 270-1440.
- Plagiarism is another form of unethical behavior. Plagiarism is dishonestly using another person's ideas or finished work as your own without giving credit for the source. It includes copying or paraphrasing something and using it as if you had done the work yourself.
- Any act of plagiarism will not be tolerated from students at AHSA.
- Students who submit plagiarized work will be disciplined. Possible measures may include expulsion. The best way to avoid plagiarism is to do your own work.
- Cheating can be defined as any inappropriate activity in which the work submitted to the school does not represent the work of the enrolled student. This would include submission of someone else's work, submission of answers
obtained through inappropriate measures, or providing answers to another student.
- If cheating is suspected, the student will be notified and required to respond in writing to the charges made. The response will go before the Program Director for a decision on the student's enrollment. Disciplinary action can be applied up to and including termination of the student's enrollment.
- Any inappropriate behavior on the part of a student related to an examination will result in an invalid exam, which must be repeated as a make-up test.
- American High School Academy expects students to behave properly and use good judgment when communicating with the school and other. Illegal or improper use of the Web within the school's environment will not be permitted and may result in disciplinary action.
- Students disrupting the learning environment in any way will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including expulsion.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- American High School Academy students are expected to abide by all the standards and policies established by AHSA.
- Students will observe all rules on submitting work and taking examinations and will never turn in work that is not their own or present another person's ideas as their own.
- Students will never ask for, receive, or give unauthorized help on graded assignments, quizzes, or examinations.
- Students behaving unethically will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal from their program.
- Any inappropriate behavior can result in several forms of disciplinary action. This would include anything from awarding a "0" grade on an exam to termination of their registration as a student of the school.
- Faculty members will report inappropriate behavior by students; this will be forwarded to the Program Director for a final decision on appropriate disciplinary action.
AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMY
ACCREDITED & STATE REGISTERED
All American High School Association (AAHSA)
Florida Department of Education School Number, 13-4283
U.S. Department of Education, NCES Number, A0509036
CEEB School Code,
Admissions or Program Questions?
We're Here to Help!
Most students are referred to American High School Academy by their home school district. However, students and family members can contact us directly to learn more or to enroll in our programs.