Careers at AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMY
ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION LAB TEACHER, PART TIME
Are you looking for an opportunity to partner with a company grounded in a social mission? American High School Academy helps change the direction of children's lives and offer opportunities for them to reach their full potential.
We're seeking a Part-Time High School General Education Teacher to work in our Alternative Education Learning Lab and join our team to Make a Difference in children's lives!
The lab teacher will plan, organize, and implement appropriate instructional practices and strategies, in a lab learning environment that guides and encourages alternative education students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Instructional strategies and practices might include, but are not limited to, computer-assisted instruction, teacher-led instruction, and small group collaboration.
- Deliver instruction, through the use of AHSA curriculum material and educational software
- Collaborate with Alternative Education teacher(s) to provide instructional support to at-risk youth.
- Implement standards for student behavior in order to ensure a safe, secure and effective learning environment by providing a high degree of structure, clear expectations, and consistency
- Education - Bachelor's degree or better
- Secondary Education Licenses & Certifications preferred but not required
- Experience working with students with diverse needs a must
- Knowledge of 9-12 grade level English, Maths, Science, and Social Studies
- Basic computer skills a must
- Bilingual - English & Spanish
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
American High School Academy
American High School Academy Schools' mission is to educate the whole person by ensuring an outstanding, dynamic learning environment, which recognizes and nurtures the unique talents, and gifts of the individual student; vigorously preparing them for college, life's journey, and providing outstanding educational services to our global community.